Spent a free day working on another small animation for GSG’s 5 second projects. Check it out here: http://vimeo.com/11884092.
Archive for the 'motion graphics' Category
Just some random thoughts and happenings…
1) I was featured on ReelRoulette’s Top 20 reels. I came in at #7. Nick Campbell continues to do wonderful things for the design and mograph community. Loving it.
2) Twitter has easily become my #1 visited website each and every morning. It gives me behind the scenes, fascinating news, advice and inside scoop on people/companies I actually care about. I have some pretty interesting people following me as well (@stinkdigital, @Attik_US, @nailguntv, @motionographer, @juxtinteractive, @razorfish, @b_reel, @struckaxiom, @click3X, @snowboardermag, @driftlab…) to name a few. 🙂 Go follow them!
3) Wrapping up some freelance projects and hopefully jumping back on a project I started with ToyNinja a couple weeks ago. Great brand and clothing.
5) Go check out my friend’s website: http://www.writingthepine.com for some entertaining sports insights.
6) Did a small interview with a student from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale. I actually learned a bit more about myself in the process of answering his questions. Will share that on another post.
7) I’m making a big move next week and really excited. More on that later… 🙂
Nick Campbell who is a motion designer at Digital Kitchen Chicago has a wonderful blog which has become a weekly bookmarked visit for me. I spoke once before about his 5 second projects and how it’s a great way to play with an open brief to experiment and learn. His new thing is reel critiques. Basically you can send him a link to your reel and he’ll do a real time critique of it. I was 1 of the 3 reels chosen for his 2nd episode. He had some nice words to say about my reel which is very encouraging and offered some insight into how I could improve it. Thanks Nick! And thanks to everyone else who’s left comments, emails, advice and everything else.
My new demo reel is up…check it out here.
Over the past month and a half, I’ve been working on an abstract, experimental short focusing on the theme of “Greed”. During brainstorm sessions and explorations, I came across a quote by Albert Einstein. “The stakes are immense, the task colossal, the time is short. But we may hope – we must hope – that man’s own creation, man’s own genius, will not destroy him.” That pretty much summed up exactly what I wanted to portray – Man’s greed as a driving force for progression, yet destruction as well. Are we destroying what truly matters for selfish growth and advancement? Do we as people naturally yearn and desire for more? There seems to be a very thin line between greed and ambition.
These are some of the questions and ideas I had floating around my head when I began creating my concept. I wanted to create something abstract that reinforced this theme without being completely obvious. I hope I did leave some room for interpretation. I am also intrigued with the idea of trying this for all 7 deadly sins. Here’s to more free time!
View the video here: http://vimeo.com/5931699
Much to do 🙂 8-10 week deadline sounds reasonable at this pace..